.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

quarta-feira, 16 de março de 2005

Meditações para um final de tarde... 

If My Complaints Could Passion Move
John Dowland (1563-1626)

If my complaints could passions moveFairest Isle
Or make Love see wherein I suffer wrong:
My passions were enough to prove,
That my despairs had govern'd me too long.
O Love, I live and die in thee,
Thy grief in my deep sighs still speaks:
Thy wounds do freshly bleed in me,
My heart for thy unkindness breaks:
Yet thou dost hope when I despair,
And when I hope, thou mak'st me hope in vain.
Thou say'st thou canst my harms repair,
Yet for redress, thou let'st me still complain.

Can Love be rich, and yet I want?
Is Love my judge, and yet I am condemn'd?
Thou plenty hast, yet me dost scant:
Thou made a God, and yet thy power contemn'd.
That I do live, it is thy power:
That I desire it is thy worth:
If Love doth make men's lives too sour,
Let me not love, nor live henceforth
.
Die shall my hopes, but not my faith,
That you that of my fall may hearers be
May here despair, which truly saith,
I was more true to Love than Love to me.



Fairest Isle, Barbara Bonney (soprano) e Jacob Heringman (alaúde) , Decca, 2001

Comentários: Enviar um comentário


Somos altos, baixos, magros, gordinhos, extrovertidos, introvertidos, religiosos, ateus, conservadores, liberais, ricos, pobres, famosos, comuns, brancos, negros... Só uma diferença : amamos pessoas do mesmo sexo. Campanha Digital contra o Preconceito a Lésbicas, Gays, Bissexuais e Transgéneros. O Respeito ao Próximo em Primeiro Lugar. Copyright: v.


      
Marriage is love.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer